The NNC mediates complaints and issues decisions on breaches of journalistic standards. In cases where there is no evidence of a breach, readers may still have questions about a journalistic issue. Part of what we do at the NNC is to provide explanations to those questions. Here are some of the issues we’ve heard and how we handled them.
- Reader objected to newspaper’s endorsement of candidate
- What we heard: Mental Health Awareness Week reminds us of another way that words matter
- FYI Complaints We Heard: Explanatory journalism – July 9, 2019
- FYI Complaints We Heard: Distinguishing sponsored content from news – June 26, 2019
- FYI Complaints We Heard: News vs advertising – May 1, 2019
- FYI Complaints We Heard: Photo of tragic event, editorials and letters to the editor – April 11, 2019